Overcoming the key technical, economic and social unknowns of using ammonia in shipping.
MariNH3 is a £5.5m EPSRC-funded research programme. Two years into the five-year programme, the 2024 conference will showcase the significant advances being made across the three themes of:
- Acceptance – overcoming the key issues around the acceptance of ammonia in commercial marine engines
- Fundamentals – improving fundamental understanding of disruptive fuel, combustion, and emissions after-treatment solutions
- Application – uncovering ideal applications for varying scales of marine propulsion.
The programme includes technical presentations, Q&A sessions, a poster exhibition showcasing additional areas of research, as well as keynote addresses from leading experts in the field.
The conference is an opportunity for academics, engineers and policymakers who have an interest in the use and development of green ammonia as a zero-carbon fuel to discuss the challenges and opportunities across the whole value chain.
Join this conference to:
- Develop your understanding of the use and potential of green ammonia as a fuel
- Hear from leading experts in the field and explore opportunities to collaborate on new projects
- Gain insight to the market and requirements for new technology, processes and legislation
- Network with engineers, manufacturers, tier 1 suppliers and OEMs
- Meet the MariNH3 research team from University of Nottingham, University of Birmingham, University of Brighton, Cardiff University and STFC.
Reserve your free place
Places at the conference are available free of charge.
Delegates from academia and industry joined the 2023 conference from a wide range of industries and organisations including:
Babcock International Group
Hybrid Marine Power
What they said
Very well organised, good complementary mix of presenters and attendants. Small enough to make it easy to connect to others; big enough to hear other and new perspectives.
Very informative and great to see so much progress in the first year.
Good spread of topics, from technical, through health and safety to acceptance.
The conference takes place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Nottingham.
The hotel is in the heart of Nottingham and easily accessible from the train station. It has its own 600 space car park.
We have secured preferential rates for a limited number of rooms at the Crowne Plaza Hotel for conference attendees on the night of 25 June.
- £145 B&B per night
- To be fully pre-paid at the time of booking.
- Rooms may be cancelled free of charge if cancelled more than 28 days prior to arrival.
To reserve your room at this rate, book before 14 May 2024 by calling the hotel directly on (+44) 0115 936 9936 and referencing the MariNH3 / University of Nottingham allocation for 25 June.